LLC Start-up Workshop For Sole Proprietors and Entrepreneurs
Whether you are about to start a new company, or you have been operating as a sole proprietor, this workshop is for you. This workshop will explain the benefits of forming your business as an LLC and guide you through the legal steps to do so. This workshop is perfect for:
- Insurance Agents, Real Estate Agents and Financial Advisors who currently operate as sole proprietors
- Brokers who hire agents as independent contractors
- Real Estate investors who want to shield personal assets from liabilities of income producing properties
- Tinkerers and creators who are close to having a product to sell
- Budding entrepreneurs who want to get serious about starting their own company.
What you will learn:
- The legal and tax benefits of starting up as an LLC or changing your business to an LLC status
- The opportunities available for you to grow your wealth as a business owner.
- The differences between LLC and a corporation
- What is an S-Corp, is an S-Corp status for you, and how to file the form to elect S-Corp status
- Tips for corporate governance
Participants will generate or receive:
- Search results on the company name you choose
- New articles of organization for an LLC, filed with the Commonwealth of Virginia
- An EIN for your company from the IRS
- An operating agreement (often needed for your company’s new bank account)
- All the company resolutions you need to set your company off on a strong legal footing
- Forms and instructions for obtaining a business license in your local jurisdiction
This workshop will be taught jointly by a business attorney and a CPA, both of whom have years of experience helping entrepreneurs.
Dr. Michael Mort, Esq Dawn McGruder, CPA
Managing Attorney President
Argent Place Law The McGruder Group
Looking for the next Event? Click here to visit our upcoming and past events.